Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MOJO123 Birthday


A round card?  Me?  Who'd have thought?  When I saw the MOJO sketch challenge this week I could hardly believe it.  We were given the choice of doing a round card or a square card.  I decided to go somewhat out of my comfort zone and do a round card.  I think it turned out pretty cool.  I saw this card from Mike Funke and was struck by the cool color scheme.  I decided to use the same dp, but I chose sahara sand instead of basic gray. 

The funny thing about this card is that despite the fact that I only used one button (I made some fake "buttons" with my circle punches and a basic black marker), the card kept being weighted down by the button every time I tried to take a picture of it.  (It rolled to the side)  I tried tilting my camera to get a straight shot, but all I got was dizzy.  So I had to resort to using a clear block to hold it in position.  I'm trying to pretend that it's a prop to sort of set the stage.  In real life, this card is quite cute (if I may say so myself).  Sometimes doing something out of the ordinary is just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your prop worked really well - I had the same rolling problem! This card is great - colors so pretty!

Laura :) said...

This is really cute! I never make circle cards either, but it turned out to be fun :)

Anonymous said...

oh my how fun is this card! Awesome job as usual Jeanette!!!

Jean said...

The colors ARE gorgeous. Beautiful card Jen.

Jo said...

I love your card, love the smooth clean colours! TFS :)

Julie A. said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I've never made a round card. I need to give it a try:)