Sunday, August 29, 2010

PPA57 Thank You

Once again, Margaret Moody has given us a really great sketch over at the Pals Paper Arts blog this week.

I'm fairly certain that I was subliminely influenced by the new colors and layout of the PPA blog, because I chose to make my card using basic black, poppy parade and very vanilla.  When I saw the sketch, I had it in my head that I wanted to use those colors and as a bonus, it gave me an excuse to break out my Newsprint dsp from Stampin' Up! 

Oh, the power of suggestion!  In any event, I really like how this one turned out.  To make sure that the flower panel really popped, I inked it up with Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder.  It's really quite dramatic in real life.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Pals Paper Arts said...

Absolutely stunning. I think there was in issue briefly with blogger links (noting the others who received errors also used blogger). It's working and I added your wonderful card! Thansk for playing the PPA sketch challenge. Hugs, Mary

Linda Callahan said...

Such a classy card! Love your colors and the newsprint background! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the DSP! Great job with the sketch!