Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SSSC100 Color Dare 93 Valentine

When I got home from work today I checked out the color challenge over at the Color Dare.  My thought process went something like this:  Regal Rose (love it), Pink Pirouette (excellent choice with Regal Rose), Pacific Point (what?!?!?!?).  I have never been a big fan of Pacific Point.  I've used it before and although I admit that it grows on you, my first reaction when I saw this color challenge was "no way!"  Then I scrolled down to see the design team cards and I couldn't help but change my mind.  If you haven't clicked my Color Dare link to check out the amazing cards made with this unusual color combo, I encourage you to do so now!

I decided to make my card with a little help from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

This week is sketch challenge #100!  Congratulations Karen!  What a milestone!  I'm sure it's quite a time committment to produce an interesting sketch challenge week after week and I certainly appreciate her efforts!  I really look forward to checking out the challenge on Sunday morning and hope that I'll have the time to participate.  This week I did!

Here's my Valentine take on the sketch and color challenge:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Kim P said...

This is really cute!

Cecilia said...

I like it, too... veeeery nice!

Vicky Hayes said...

This colour combo reminds me of illustrations from the 50s - in a good way! Your card is lovely - the large circle really grounds the other elements in the card.

Marisa said...

Fabulous double challenge card! Love the hearts on the vertical panel. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Dare this week :)

Holly said...

This is so cute... I love that pink paper! Great take on the sketch! I left you a blog award.

http://inkadinkadoodle.com/?p=3411

Nance Leedy said...

Oh soooo cute! Great job with this week's colors and I hear you on Pacific Point! Shhh.... :-)
Thanks for playing with us at The Color Dare!

jjcreations said...

You did a wonderful job on this card. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Glenda J said...

Great layout! Love what you did with the colours. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.