Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Waltzingmouse Inkspiration Valentine

I have recently discovered that I am sorely lacking in Valentine's stamps.  Today I sat at my desk and tried to think of a cute Valentine's Day stamp set that I could use with the latest Waltzingmouse sketch challenge.  I thought I'd incorporate the Inkspiration color challenge as well.
The colors are somewhat unusual for Valentine's Day, but I figured I could make it work with the Blushing Bride.  I thought the nice, big heart from the Love You Much stamp set would be perfect for the large shape on the sketch.  So, onward I went!

I stamped the big heart with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I thought the pattern would show up better that way.  After I embossed it, I cut it out and sponged the edges with Blushing Bride.  Once I was done with my layers and my oh-so cute heart, I realized I needed some kind of sentiment.  This is when I realized that I had no decent Valentine's Day stamps.  So I was forced to resort to one of those bargain clear stamps that you get in the dollar bin at the local craft store.  Although, the sentiment is appropriate, the quality of the stamp is horrible!  The edges are blurry and the rest is splotchy.  Hopefully, the recipient of this card can overlook this!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

10 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great valentine! I really like this sketch and love that you just used a flash of the green. I think your sewing and ribbon really make this card. When you're used to using deep-etched, good quality rubber stamps it can be quite a shock to use a cheap one!

Deborah Frings said...

Super CAS card - love the colours and I really like the heart!

Maria said...

Lovely card! The heart is so so pretty!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of of the sketch and the colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Gabi MeWi said...

Simple and beautiful-simply beautiful.

Christine Blain said...

This is a gorgeous card, Jen!

Lee-Anne said...

I love seeing Valentines cards and yours is just lovely. Love the balance of the colours, the white background is perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Inkspirations challenge this week.

Mona Pendleton said...

Sweet Valentine Jen! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :)

Alice said...

this is so sweet! lovely Valentine! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

H2 :) said...

Great card Jen, the espresso "swish" with the touch of green really anchors the pretty heart. Love the zigzag stitching! :)