SSSC112 and Stamping 411 Color Inspiration 154

Monday, April 11, 2011

As usual on Sunday, I check out the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.  Then I began hunting around for a color challenge to go with it.  I remembered that the Stamping 411 blog has a sketch challenge too and the colors were pretty awesome, so I combined the two.

Pretty early on I knew that I wanted to use flowers in place of the stars on the sketch graphic.  The dilemma was which one.  I tossed around a few ideas then I spied one of my all time favorites:  the flower from the long-retired Best Blossoms stamp set.

I'm fairly certain that I will always have this stamp set.  If only to keep my hands on this fabulous flower.  I rarely use any of the other stamps in the set, but that's okay because this flower makes up for it.  I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do!

I think this is the first time I've participated in the Stamping 411 color inspiration challenge and the funny thing is, that I almost messed it up.  The card was made, I was almost done typing this post when I looked again at the graphic for the challenge and realized that I completely forgot the Chocolate Chip!  What's a girl to do?  Well, I pried off the Always Artichoke buttons that I had adhered to the card and put some Chocolate Chip ones on instead.  Whew!  That was a close one!

Thanks for stopping by!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “SSSC112 and Stamping 411 Color Inspiration 154”

Kim O'Connell said...

Nice save with the chocolate cip buttons! Beaitiful card as always! Love that PP!

Vicky Hayes said...

How funny - I'd never have known! The paper looks fab with the Rose Red accents.