Thursday, May 19, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 41

I had a feeling that when I tried out the faux mother of pearl technique that I was going to want to do it again soon!  And this week's ColorLab challenge had me thinking that I should try it right away!

I had some designer paper from the Lap of Luxury paper pack, which took care of the Blushing Bride and the Concord Crush. Now I just needed to work on the Pear Pizzazz and Perfect Plum.


I've got to admit, I had a hard time working these colors.  But I'm nothing, if not persistent!  The card base is Concord Crush and it's layered with a couple of different papers from the Lap of Luxury designer series paper along with some Blushing Bride and Concord Crush.  When I had those parts settled, I decided to use the mother or pearl technique on my floral accents, coloring the flowers with Perfect Plum and Blushing Bride, then I added a Pear Pizzazz leafy bit.  Once I had it all together, I realized that these colors are gorgeous together!

My layout for this card came from the Sketchbook Saturday sketch challenge.   Every week, Chupa encourages me to think outside my comfort zone with her sketches.  That's what this card-making journey is all about, right?

So I hope you take some time to visit us at the ColorLab and make a card using these colors.  And don't forget to check out the design team for some inspiration!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You're right - these colours are gorgeous together and I love those flowers!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Love it Jen! Great job-especially beautiful flowers!!

Anonymous said...

I really love your card. The flowers are gorgeous.