Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Color Throwdown 140

Gosh I've been busy the last few days and this is the first opportunity I've had to tap away at the keyboard here.  But I couldn't miss posting today and sharing some exciting news!  Today I get to show you the first card I made as the May Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown!  Whoo hoo!!  I've always loved participating in their challenge and I could hardly believe it when Laura asked me to be their guest designer for May.  How could I refuse?  And what a fabulous batch of colors I get to work with!

Now, these are colors I can wrap my hands around!  I got a little help from the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge and put this little number together.

I usually try to fill my cards up with flowers but today I wanted the sentiment to take center stage against that dreamy Crumb Cake background.  Nothing like a clean and simple layout to show off a particular element on your card.  I colored the sentiment with my Early Espresso and Blushing Bride markers and I really like how it came out.  A little button to balance things out and I've got a cute card that I think I'll save for my cousin's high school graduation in a few weeks.  (As I wrote that I realized that this is already May and her graduation is probably only weeks away!  It sounds trite, but time really does fly by)!

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forgot to head on over to the Color Throwdown and show us what you've got!  For a lot of inspiration, here's what the amazing design team has created:

Tammy Hershberger
Kristin Eberline
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
Cathy Indelicato
Kisa Peters
Laura Pryor
Carole Burrage

7 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Congrats on the Guest DT spot, Jen! I love how that button balances the card! Nicely done!

Broni said...

What a fabulous card, Jen! Love the sweet simplicity of it, and what a great sentiment to highlight!! I'm so glad you're joining us this month!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Jen! Love your CAS take on the colors! It's so great to have you joining us this month!

Laura Pryor said...

Jen, this is really lovely! I'm so excited to get to work with you this month! I think your sentiment DEFINITELY takes center stage in this beautiful CAS style. So pretty! GREAT to have you!
Laura

Evette K. said...

well jen I think your intro as the new guest designer has gotten off to a GREAT start. love your creation for today...simple, yet magnificent. You are my favorite designer for the month for sure. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Welcome! LOVE your sweet simple design! That sentiment is fabulous!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the clean design, and the colors look fabulous!