Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Color Throwdown 143

This week is my last week as guest designer at the Color Throwdown.  I've had a lot of fun over the last few weeks taking a peek into so many blogs and seeing so many amazing and inspiring cards. 

Each week, the Color Throwdown gives us a color challenge that may be out of our comfort zone, may challenge us to think outside the box, or may encourage us to think of colors in a whole new way.  And that, my friends, is exactly what a color challenge is all about!  So please, put aside your color fears and give this color challenge a try.  I guarantee that you won't regret it and will find yourself on an amazing colorful journey!

So, that being said, on to this weeks color challenge!
How's that for a fabby color challenge?  To me, this challenge is all about summery, colorful flowers!

Since I can't seem to stop, I made most of my flowers using the faux mother-of-pearl technique.  I sponged some Rose Red onto my prepared glossy card stock, then stamped the floral image in Rose Red classic ink before I remembered that Stazon works better on the glossy card stock.  A little heat setting from my hair dryer and I'm good to go!  Maybe Stazon is not such a necessity, after all!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a chance to drop by the Color Throwdown and show us what you've got!   And don't forget to check out design team's creations for loads of inspiration!

Tammy Hershberger
Kristin Eberline
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
Cathy Indelicato
Kisa Peters
Laura Pryor
Carole Burrage

3 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Jen, it's been GREAT having you with us this month! Thanks so much for joining us and providing us with such beautiful designs! ~Laura

Allison said...

Beautiful! So perfect for these summery colours!
I need to get back into my stamping space!

Betty Wright said...

Jen, this is amazing! Great blend of these colors and the dimension and design are wonderful! Lovely card!