Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ColourQ 86 and Stamping 411 Sketch 204

I didn't think I was going to get a card in today, but I managed to do it.  I had a pitstop to make after work and I thought that by the time I made it home I'd be in no mood to be creative.  But to my surprise, I did some laundry then found myself thinking that since I had nothing else to do, I might as well sit down in my stamp room, watch the Red Sox, and see if I could come up with something.

Luckily the ColourQ and Stamping 411 challenges provided some inspiration!

As usual, when I see the ColourQ challenge I am full of ideas.  However, when I sit down to make a card, all those ideas go out the window and what I end up with is not what I intended when I started!


As I looked around my stamp room searching for ideas, I spied some of my glossy card stock that was alread prepared for the mother-of-pearl technique.  So I sponged some Daffodil Delight and Real Red on it and used the flower stamp from the Growing Green stamp set to create the flowers you see here.  That polka dotted designer paper is from some long-retired SU! paper from my stash, and I thought it was awfully cute!  As I mentioned this is not the card I dreamed of when I saw this awesome color challenge, but this is what I ended up with!  Funny how that happens sometimes!

Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I know exactly what you mean about the card somehow ending up doing what it likes! It looks great anyway - I like the ribbon treatment.

Sylvia said...

You used the same sketch as Yapha yet they look so different. Love the design and how you used your colors as well. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Deborah Frings said...

Super combination of challenges - your card is beautiful!

Patti Chesky said...

Ooooohhhh....I am loving these flowers. I am going to have to try that technique today!

Erna Logtenberg said...

This is gorgeous Jen!!

Kerin said...

Woah you have outdone yourself Jen...those flowers are drop dead gorgeous!!! Awesome :)

gbarron56 said...

Love the coloring on the flowers, Jen -- Great job!!! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Unknown said...

So pretty, Jen! I love the flowers! Thanks for playing at CQC this week! :)

Jo said...

Hi Jen
This is so elegant! Love it!