Sunday, May 15, 2011

Friday Mashup 6 and Stamping 411 203

Monochromatic fun!  That's the challenge this week at the Friday Mashup.  And to add to the fun, we have the choice of adding a masculine theme to mash it up!  I had something in mind, but needed a little inspiration from a good sketch.  The Stamping 411 sketch settled that for me.

I'm not sure why, but monochromatic and masculine are a perfect match!  Since Father's Day is right around the corner, I thought these were great challenges to make a card for my Dad.

I'm fairly certain that he will not appreciate all this monochromatic goodness, but he will appreciate the hand-made card!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

12 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great Jen, It looks like it's leather. I bet he will love the card because you made it. I need to get ahead start on my Father's Day cards too.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Kim P said...

Looks great! Very classic. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Great card, and yes, perfect theme for Fathers Day! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashp!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Simply lovely! Greys are a favorite of mine - this looks fab!
Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

Selene Kempton said...

Wonderfully Masculine. :D

Connie Babbert said...

Very cool look! Great masculine card!

Kerin said...

Love the monochromatic look, we appreciate it even if your dad won't ;)

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Jen, Could almost beleive you had taken a black and white photo of your card! It's just fantastic. Thank you so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup, hope to see you again. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

Lesley said...

This is awesome Jen! The sketch and the Mashup challenge work so well together!
Hugs,
Lesley

Patti Chesky said...

I love the frame you've created with the paper piercing. Awesome guy card!

gbarron56 said...

What a fabulous masculine card! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Michelle said...

This is fabulous. It is so classy and perfect for a man. I also agree it does look like leather. Great Job!!!