Sunday, May 29, 2011

Less Is More 17 and Color Dare 102

I mostly consider myself to be a Clean and Simple girl.  I very rarely make the kind of card that has so many layers and embellishments that it won't fit into an envelope.  But today, I think I may have made the most Clean and Simple card that I have ever made.  And it's all because of the Less is More and Color Dare challenges.

This is the sketch challenge from Less is More.  We get to choose which of the five squares we want to put the focal point of our card.  The rest is white space.  I was intrigued right away and the color challenge of So Saffron, Concord Crush and a neutral at the Color Dare seemed the perfect way to make this uber-CAS card. 
As you can see by my little flower, I have not got over my obsession with the faux mother-of-pearl technique so I sponged a little So Saffron and then sponged some Concord Crush onto my already prepared glossy cardstock.  Then I tried something a little different.  Instead of stamping the floral image in Black Stazon, I stamped the image in Versarmark then went over it with white embossing powder.  I wasn't sure if the white outlined stamp was going to show up or be lost against the white background of the card base, but it does and I'm pretty pleased at how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Hey Jen,
I got your email today! Thanks!!! This card is Fabulous! Love the distressed flower, so cool. Thanks for joining us at the CD!!
Hugs,
Lesley

StampingStace said...

Jen this is lovely - thanks for the description too, I couldn't work out how you'd done it, its great!
Stacey at 32 & 170 x

Deborah Frings said...

It's lovely - I really like the effect, thanks for the instructions!

Zoechaos said...

Lovely white embossing creates such a lovely effect. XOXO ZOe

Mandi said...

Your flower looks fabulous Jen
I've not tried that technique, I will have to!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Super, and I LOVE the sentiment

Kathyk

Rosemary said...

woweee!!! that flower is gorgeous!! fantastic card!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Your card and flower are gorgeous never tried this technique must give it a go.

Marie

Vicky Hayes said...

This works brilliantly Jen! Vx

jjcreations said...

Oh my word - this is great. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, love the colours and the beautiful flower stamp.

Chrissie said...

You have a achieved a great effect with this card Jen. That flower looks great.... and welcome to Less is More. If you could remove Word Verification that would be great,it would make it much easier for LIMettes to leave you a comment.
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kim Ryden said...

Love your card! I'm a CAS girl too! This is a great simple card and I just LOVE IT! Thanks for playing with us at Color Dare this week!

Lori Turner said...

Oh wow! How neat...I have such difficulty with CAS cards - you ROCK 'EM! WTG! Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare this week :)

Laurie HIMCR said...

VERY pretty!! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Color Dare!