Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MOJO190 and Stamping 411 Color Inspiration 156

This week the color challenge at Stamping 411 included Basic Black, which for me means a bold and dramatic color scheme.  The color challenge also included Pear Pizzazz and Tempting Turquoise so I when I combined all those colors together I ended up with a very pretty card.

I got a lot of help from the MOJO sketch challenge!


I've always felt that using a dramatic color such as Basic Black is a great way to call attention to your project without overpowering it.  On my card, I've just a touch of it on my scalloped square and on the sentiment, but I think it gives the card a bold look without stealing the show!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

Hi Jen, I became a follower of your blog since a few days, but this is why, you make so many beautiful cards!! Like this one, I love it!!

Ruth said...

Hi, Just came across your blog and love your work. I recognize the Little Leaves Sizzlet Die, but couldnt place the stamped flower. Is this a Stampin' Up stamp?

Jen Mitchell said...

Ruth, although I'm mostly a Stampin' Up gal, occasionally I'll use something else. For this card the flower and the leaves are from a Verve set called Dream Big. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Ruth said...

Hi Jen, Thanks for letting me know about the stamp. I really like that flower. I was thinking I could really add even more dimension to it by fussy cutting each layer out and stacking it on dimensionals. I've subscribed to get your blog by email now, so I won't miss any of your lovely cards. And I'll be casing some too!
Thanks again.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fab Jen! You're so right about the touch of black.

Becky said...

lovely card. So yummy!