Friday, May 20, 2011

PPC Sketch Challenge and Color Dare 101

For my card today, I went with the sketch challenge at Picture Perfect Creations and the color challenge at the Color Dare:  Old Olive, Regal Rose, and Early Espresso.

It seems like it's been ages since I've made a card with Early Espresso.  And this color challenge gave me an excuse to use it and the Early Espresso bakers' twine.  A while ago, I bought the twine but hadn't used it.  I use crochet thread quite a bit on my cards, so the other day I made a card and used the white baker's twine instead of the crochet thread.  I really liked the weight of it and it didn't have the tendency to twist around itself like the crochet thread does. 

Since I liked it so much, I thought it would be worth it to buy one of those big cones of baker's twine that you find at bakery supply stores.  I found one selling white twine and the price was ok considering the amount of twine I was buying.   Well, I got it the other day in the mail.  The bad news is that it's not really white.  It's more of a natural, unbleached color but that's ok because I can still use it.  What I was shocked to see is just how much twine I got.  The total amount of the cone is 3,024 YARDS!  That's right YARDS, not FEET!  There's enough twine on this thing to wrap me up mummy style!  In fact, that may be what I do with it because there's no way I'll be able to use that much twine in my lifetime!  Live and learn, I say!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have time to stamp today!

13 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You'll have to think up loads of new ways to use it Jen! I do love the Early Espresso twine and the way you threaded it through the button. Vx

Judy said...

Love this card Jen. Just ordered some twine from the twinery it really adds so much to everything.
Have a great day.
Judy

Lesley said...

Super pretty card Jen! That is funny about the twine! LOL! Start cutting it up and mailing it to stamping friends...*hint*...LOL! Thanks for joining us at the PPC and the CD!
Hugs,
Lesley

jjcreations said...

This is so pretty - I love how you've softened the DSP and I like the circular arrangement - very nice! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week.

Michele said...

Lovely card! :-) The twine over the ribbon is great. So glad you keep joining us at PPC every week!!!

Linda Anderson said...

Gorgeous card! And I love your twine...both on your card and your story about it. Thanks for joining us this week for our sketch at PPC.

Linda

Tamie said...

Jen your work is truly inspirational. I look forward to see what you have created each week and man it is always rockin! You rocked the sketch and I just love, love the way you used the colors and the image. Great talent. Thanks for sharing it with us at PPC this week.

Lori Turner said...

I always look forward to seeing what you come up with each week and this week's card is gorgeous as usual! I love the colors and sponging is awesome! Thanks for joining us at PPC Jen!

Lori Turner said...

It's me again, Jen! :) Thanks for entering this gorrjusss card over at Color Dare as well :)

Lori - Color Dare DT

Kim Ryden said...

Love your card! That twine is one of my favorite things in the new mini! Hope that SU comes out with more and more colors in the new catalog and new minis!!! Thanks for entering this fabulous card over at Color Dare this week!

Kim P said...

Wow...love this! The sponging, the embellishments...great card. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wowza! That's a LOT of twine! Haha! Love your beautiful card! Such a great mix of colors and patterns. Have a great day! :)

Laurie HIMCR said...

So pretty! Love what you did with the challenge! Thanks for playing along with The Color Dare challenge!