Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge 201

So far May is shaping up to be a very busy month for me.  Later today I'll be going to my cousin's wedding then on Tuesday is my nephew's confirmation.  I wanted to make a card to congratulate him, so I turned to the Stamping 411 sketch challenge for a layout.

I chose Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, and So Saffron as my colors because I figured they weren't too girly.  But on second thought, I love those colors so they must be girly!

I've had these corduroy buttons hiding in my stash for quite a while and I think they're so cute.  My nephew is always teasing me about embellishments that I put on my card.  He doesn't understand that buttons are not just for shirts!  And a corduroy one is even better!

Well, it's back to the drawing board for me.  I've got a 50th wedding anniversary party to go to in a couple of weeks, so I'll need to make a card for that.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Kerin said...

Jen this is perfectly boyish! Love the clean look and the corduroy button. As always, love your creations!

Selene Kempton said...

Clean, simple and GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE your card this week! WOW!! I feel a case coming on!

Patti Chesky said...

This is simple elegance at its best.

Vicky Hayes said...

That is one of my favourite DPs ever! My husband doesn't get buttons on cards either!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Just beautiful.. So well done.

Inky hugs, Pauline

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful...love that button! Great job!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Simply Beautiful!

gbarron56 said...

Jen -- beautiful job! Great for either male or female! Great job with the sketch and with your card! So glad that you played along this week at Stamping 411! Thanks and blessings, Gretchen