Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MOJO194 and ColourQ 88

I think I have died and gone to challenge heaven! 

On Monday I checked out the MOJO sketch and  my first thought was that I would be crazy to ignore it.  But I took my time poking around the blogosphere until I found just the right colors for this fabulous sketch.  Ultimately I found this week's ColourQ challenge and knew right away, without a shadow of a doubt, that these two challenges were a match made in heaven.

I had lots of designer paper left over from the Christmas Cocoa, Jolly Holiday, and Deck the Halls designer paper so I had no trouble using those papers to put them all together for my card.


It seems strange to make a card in June using DSP from the Christmas holidays, but there you have it.  I don't think there's anything particularly Christmas-y about the papers I've chosen, but the colors fit the challenge and they happened to be included with some Christmas themed DSP and I think they look really nice.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!



12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Love how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ.

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! Love the flower and ribbon! You'd never know that any of it was from a christmas pack of dsp unless you owned it!

Vicky Hayes said...

How versatile these papers are! This looks great!

Lesley said...

Not christmasy at all...just absolutely perfect!!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Hi Jen, I combined the same challenges!! But I LOVE your card the most!! It's awesome!!

Jen Timko said...

Some of my most favorite papers from this year! This is gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Jen...this is so eye-catchingly gorgeous! Those neutrals look perfect together and that splash of red is like, WOW!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Simply stunning, Jen! You always make such gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for playing with the colourQ this week!

Unknown said...

Asalways, Jen, BEAUTIFUL! I love this sketch paired with the CQC colors this week:) The sponging you did is gorgeous:) Thanks for joining us at CQC! :)

LeAnne said...

I agree with Noelle, as always, you've come up with a stunner! Beautiful way to use that Mojo sketch too! Thanks for playing the CQC with us this week!

Christina said...

I always look forward to your entries, Jen, and this is no exception! Wow! You rocked the colors and sketch, and the papers are mixed and matched beautifully. Thanks for playing along at the ColourQ this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is fabulous! Love the crisp layers and that beautiful red flower. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!