Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PPC61 with some French Foliage

As soon as I saw the color challenge this week at Picture Perfect Creations, I immediately thought of my much-loved French Foliage stamp set.

I know it's practically summer and it's about 100-degrees here, but I can't help but make an autumn-inspired card when I see colors like these!

I went to "the binder" for my layout for this card.  This time it's the FTL43 sketch from 2009!  I'm not sure it shows in the photo, but I used the rock-n-roll technique on my leaves here.  I stamped the leaves in Cajun Craze then rolled the edges with Always Artichoke. It's a subtle effect, but in real life it looks quite nice.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You always make gorgeous cards with set Jen - it is at the very top of my wish list! Vx

Erna Logtenberg said...

I like this card sooo much!!! And thanks for your comment on my blog :-)

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! I am SOOO happy this set made the catty...now I can get it and CASE you! :-)

Lesley said...

Fabulous leaves...so pretty! Hey, I received my "package"! Oh you are so sweet! Loved your pretty card too! Hope to use the twine soon!!
Hugs,
Lesley
PS Soon as the report cards are done, your package will be on its way!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

a simple beauty, that's this card to me... very pretty! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week :-)

Linda Anderson said...

How beautiful!!! Those leaves are gorgeous! I love the rock & roll technique too!! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Michele said...

This is such a refreshing card! Makes me think those leaves are going to crackle!! Love it! Thanks for your dedication to PPC each week!!

Tamie said...

Another piece of art! I just love how you made the leaves a new technique for me to try. You are a CAS queen. Thanks for sharing this marvelous piece of art with us at PPC.