Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ColourQ 92

Well, I have recovered from all the 4th of July festivities enough that I found myself in my stamp room last night contemplating the latest ColourQ challenge.

I just love a color challenge that throws in a little bit of black.  It adds a bit of a dramatic accent, I think.

Since I still don't have my new, fun stamps to play with I went with the {fabulous} Fabulous Florets stamp for my card.  It's funny that as I check out my fellow bloggers it seems I'm not the only one who is anxiously awaiting her new Stampin' Up! stuff while simultaneously having trouble being inspired by the same-old stuff we've been looking at for months or (even years).  I don't ever remember being this anxious to play with new stamping supplies before, but there you have it.  I just got my shipping notification yesterday so it's probably another week before I see the new goodies.  And I'm not sure how much stamping I'll be able to get in next week since I'm preparing for a trip to Virginia to see my nephew get married!!  It may not be until the end of July before I get a chance to ink up my new stamps.  Oh the horror!

Anyway, I'll try not to keep whining about my lack of mojo as I hope that you are inspired to stamp today!

11 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Jen, awesome job! You are so great at color challenges! love your layout! I think I need that fabulous florets stamp set! I think it is funny that you are still lamenting about not having your new stamps yet. Hoping your UPS man shows up today!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow Jen, this is superb! I love this card :)

Allison said...

This is a great card! I wouldn't have even attempted to combine those colours!

I'm the same way with new stuff. Everytime there is a new catalogue, I develop a complete lack of inspiration for all of the stuff I already own until I can get my hands on the new stuff!

Vicky Hayes said...

Well I'd never have believed from this gorgeous card that you were suffering from Lack of Interest Syndrome! I must say I am watching with keen interest to see what you come up with your new stash! Looks like I'll have to wait too!

Christina said...

You always rock the color challenges, Jen, and this is a perfect example! Those Fabulous Florets are on my crafty wish list, and I love how you've framed the flower in this design. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

AB. said...

Love your card! I tried to use that same turquoise DSP on my card but I couldn't get it to "work" :) Enjoy your stamp sets - hope they arrive soon. In Australia the new catalogue doesn't come out until September!!! :o

Unknown said...

Jen, this is beautiful. I really like the layout. I agree, I love a touch of black.

Tui Nathan said...

Ooh ... I so like this Jen, you have teamed these colours beautifully together!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I just keep looking at it! Great job with the colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely! This set is so versatile, it is perfect for the colors!
I have so many things on my wish list I don't know what I want to play with first....but I know they are taking way tooo long to get here! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow this is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!