Saturday, July 16, 2011

ColourQ 93

I have scheduled up this post ahead of time, but I have been having some bad luck recently doing this, so I've got my fingers crossed that the post showed up on my blog some time Saturday morning.

This morning I left for Virginia for my nephew's wedding in Charlottesville.  I'm quite sure I'll be like the proverbial watering pot this weekend since I still can't quite believe he's old enough to be married.  But time marches on, and I must come to grips with the notion that he is not a child anymore!

Anyway, I'm sure you didn't come here to here about that, but to see what I've been doing with the stamps I got from the new catalog.  Today's card got me combining the ColourQ challenge with the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.


I'm always a little afraid when I see a color challenge like this one at the ColourQ.  The colors are so diverse that I'm not sure that I can make a card that does justice to them all.  Invariably, I just start cutting and stamping until something emerges!

For this one I used the new Array of Sunshine hostess stamp set.  I stamped it twice in Peach Parfait, then cut out each layer (one of them smaller).  The smaller layer I adhered with dimensionals to the larger one, which is a look I particularly like. 

And I'm happy to say that I finally got a "hello" stamp!  A short while back I made a card and lamented that I didn't have a stamp that just said "hello."  It seems like such a versatile stamp to have, but unbelievably, I didn't have anything like it.  Then along comes the Posy Punch stamp set and "hello" has made it into my permanent stash!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have time to stamp!

4 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Ooooooh! I love that flower AND the leaves! They are so interesting! I am a big fan of that sketch, too! Nicely done as always, Jen!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've made that flower look perfect Jen - or should I say 'parfait'! Hope you enjoyed the wedding.

Sylvia said...

Hi Jen! Nice to see you here. Love your card. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

LeAnne said...

This is lovely, using one of my FAVORITE hostess sets this year---so many possibilities! Sketch is great too! So glad you could play with the CQC this week!