Saturday, August 13, 2011

MOJO 203 and Color Throwdown 154

On Monday I printed out a copy of the MOJO sketch challenge and left it on my desk.  I've been staring at it ever since, hoping I'd get the time to participate.

Finally today, after weeding, pruning and painting I found some time to  make that card.  I combined it with the Color Throwdown challenge.

Now, these are some colors I can wrap my head around!  "Dark gray" for me means SU! Basic Gray which usually means I turn to my leftover Walk In the Park designer paper.  But I don't have much of that left, so I decided to go a different route.

I used some So Saffron designer paper from the retired Sweet Pea collection as the main background layer.  For my smaller layer I added a little paper pierced layer of Old Olive peeking out from the top of the white.  At the bottom of the white layer I adhered some Basic Gray circles.  First I punched some 1/2-inch circles then punched a 3/4-inch circle around it to create a circle outline.  And although it may not look like it in the picture, the flower is colored with Daffodil Delight.

We had some lovely weather today and I spent most of it outside weeding the garden (I swear it's my part-time job in the summer), pruning the boxwood and doing a little exterior house painting.  I can't believe it's almost the middle of August and summer will soon give way to autumn.  How time flies!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

How lovely to see that paper - the Sweet Pea range was one of my favourite ever. Love your flower too!

scrappingnana said...

Pretty card. Love the way you did the circle border witht he punches. TFS

Tammy Hershberger said...

GREAT design! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Lesley said...

Clean and stunning!