Saturday, September 24, 2011

A La Card Monkey 75

This week the challenge at A La Card Monkey is a sketch with a Christmas theme.  No problem for me since I've been trying to squeeze in as many Christmas cards lately as I can.

My card has a couple of things on it that I don't think I've used before. On that note, I wish someone could explain to me why I have a strange compulsion to buy cool crafting things, then never use them.  I suspect I'm not alone in this, so maybe we should form a support group!

First I used some never-before-used chocolate chip ribbon from a set called Masterpiece.  I also used a mini library clip.  I've had those for ages and never thought I'd get to use them, but I decided it looked pretty good with my tag here.  I had debated about using a button, but I didn't have any chocolate chip ones and nothing else I thought of looked good to my eye.  Then I remembered the library clips and my tag was saved!

The pleated flower was made from some Holiday Treasures designer paper using a Sizzix decorative strip die called Mini Paper Rosettes.  In fact, all the designer paper on this card is from that set.  The sentiment came from the Delightful Decorations stamp set. 

I actually got the idea for this tag from a very nice tag that is featured in the Holiday Mini.  That tag had a few more layers and some stamp sets that I don't have, but I like my version too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

9 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jen I'm loving your card. I realize I've got lots of that DSP sitting in the cupboard and I'm guilty of buying and not using too! I love the look of this card, it's fresh and vibrant. TFS.

Ulrike said...

Beautiful card! I love your flower in the middle! Liebe Grüße Ulrike

Erna Logtenberg said...

Oh Jen I realy LIKE your version too!! And YES, I do have crafting things I've never used.... Shame on me, I want to be a member of your support group, whahaa!

Aunt Linda said...

Sign me up for the meetings ...I will bring snacks !! I have started weeding out some stuff and donating it to my Grand Daughter's class. Her teacher loves my addiction !!!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Jen this is fabulous, thanks for playing at A La Card Monkey.
Cindy GD

Terry said...

Very cute and simple. That rosette on the tag looks great, as does the bit of ribbon, dsp and library clip!

Terry
A La Card Monkey

scrappingnana said...

Love your card and the rosette, as well as the library clip. I would have to sign up for your support group also. :)

Totallyawake4-life said...

Love the color combo and the Rosette or Lolly on the middle - the DSP just pops of the page!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So Darn Cute Girl!! love the Rosette in the center of the tag. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!!

Hugs
Shirley