Sunday, November 13, 2011

Paper Players 72 and FTL166

I spent the better part of last night and part of today trying to make a card for a particular color challenge, but I couldn't seem to make something that I was happy with.  So I abandoned what I was working on and instead focused on LeAnne's color challenge at The Paper Players.  These Christmas colors went perfectly with what I had in mind for the FTL sketch challenge.



This color challenge gave me an excuse to use my retired Wintergreen DSP and I also used my Artichoke Denim Jean Ribbon for the first time.  I inked up the sentiment stamp from Season of Joy colored with my River Rock, Riding Hood Red, and Always Artichoke markers.  And I have quite a bit of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon so I made a little bow for the top of my tag.  As I was putting this card together, I realized that my Bow-Easy has disappeared, along with one of my sanding blocks.  (I suspect the kittens are behind this).  So as a result I had to tie this bow by hand (oh the horror)!  I could have used a fork to tie this one (as suggested by my blogging friend Jen Timko), but I was too lazy to go downstairs and get one!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

I love how you inked the main image with the challenge colours and made the image pop Jen. Kudos to you on using the Artichoke denim ribbon, I have struggled so far to even consider it. Thanks' for playing at The Paper Players this week.

Irene said...

A beautiful Christmas card.

irene

Julie Marshall said...

Such a beautiful Clean and Simple card. I love both of these ribbons! They are definitely the stars of the card. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful and classy, Jen! The Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon is the perfect touch. Way to combine both challenges! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Perfect use of the sketch with that stamp and our colors this week! I love the little RHR taffeta bow! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This is a perfect image to use with these colors! I think your bow is wonderful---I have never gotten the hang of the fork thing, myself! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players color challenge this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Crisp, clean and full of holiday cheer, Jen! Love that image to showcase the colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lesley said...

Clean and simple goodness! Love it Jen. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley