Tuesday, February 7, 2012

colourQ 123

I don't mind saying that the colors Arielle picked this week for us at colourQ were pretty tough!  I went back and forth several times before I settled on this card.




I chose a lovely Regal Rose dsp from a pack called Patterns Pack II for the larger layer because I thought it would set the stage nicely for the Greenhouse Garden flowers which I stamped in Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.

And did you notice that the scalloped edges of the Regal Rose cardstock and DP don't match up?  For reasons I have yet to figure out, I did not match up these two things when I cut them out using my very awesome new Edgelit Die.  But luckily when I put the two together, their very asymmetry was interesting to me and I put them together anyway.  The result is what you see here.

I hope you have an easier time with these colors than I did, so be sure to check out the colourQ challenge and show us your creation!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Such a lovely feminine card, pretty!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely flowers and tag, Jen! I also love the rounded top on the DP.

Kim S said...

What a gorgeous use of the colors! The flowers are so nicely "framed" by the othe color.

Marisa said...

Great take on the CQ. You mastered the colours fabulously. Love the scalloped edge and the tiny tag.

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Jen! Love your take on the colors...hugs ~S~

Cyndie said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color layering on those flowers, and I prefer the offset border the way you did it--more interesting!

Suzanne Bier said...

Simply gorgeous, Jen! So happy you're part of the colourQ team! Hugs, Suzanne

Jackie Rockwell said...

I think what you settled on is beautiful! Love how you layered the flowers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen excellent card, I think you honed in on the colours perfectly. Love those flowers.