Tuesday, February 14, 2012

colourQ 124

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't mind saying that I went back and forth several times as I made this card for the latest colourQ challenge.

I waffled about the sentiment, I waffled about the number of hearts on the card, and I waffled about how to best add in the Cool Caribbean.  I'd already decided on using a large Cool Caribbean square as a base to all the red layers, but I thought the card needed that splash of color somewhere else.  Originally my sentiment used both Cool Caribbean and Real Red, but I couldn't make it work the way I wanted so I ended up with a Real Red sentiment and a small Cool Caribbean heart.

I inked up my new P.S. I Love You stamp set which has these fabulous heart stamps that are made up of tiny hearts.  I stamped them in Versamark then heat embossed them with some ancient Stampin' Up! embossing powder that I have in my stash.  They fit perfectly in the Full Heart punch, so I punched them out (of course).  The sentiment and the tiny row of stamped hearts are from the same set.


I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  And after you're done celebrating I hope you have time to head on over to the colourQ and make a card using these fabulous colors!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I think it turned out REALLY cute! I love the little blue heart, it really pops against the pink & adds interest. So glad you have joined our team, Jen! :) Hope you had a fun Valentines Day.

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! How did you do that loopy border at the top? It really makes this a stand-out creation!

Suzanne Bier said...

So pretty, Jen! Love all the little details...the heat embossing and the little Cool Caribbean heart really make your design pop! *hugs*

Marlena M. said...

I love those fabulous hearts! Perfect card, Jen. ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

'Love'ly card Jen, those stamped hearts are fantastic.