Tuesday, February 21, 2012

colourQ 125

Arielle has given us a color combo I can really wrap my head around this week at colourQ!



Oo-La-La.  I love these colors!

Jen Shults' Deconstructed Sketch this week was the perfect layout for what I had in mind for my card.  I used some designer paper from Urban Garden and Urban Oasis (still trying to use up my stash)!  The flowers and leaves are from PTI; the sentiment is Verve.  I wish I had added a little bit more Dusty Durango than the brad in the center of the flower, but at the time I put this card together it was the best I could think of.  I actually woke up yesterday morning with an idea for adding some "branches" from Dusty Durango cardstock, but decided against making any changes.  I hope I'm not the only one who dreams about making cards!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to check out the colourQ challenge this week.  The design team has got some amazing inspiration to get your creative juices flowing so don't forget to pop on by and check them out!  Then use the linky tool to add your creation!

11 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

This is a "real" Jen-card :-) Stunning!!

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic! I love the bold feel of the stamps you used! Very creative use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us for this week's sketch!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the colours too and your design is beautiful Jen. The papers look fabulous together.

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours and sketch! Love how you used Verve flowers :)

Unknown said...

Jen, this is STUNNING! I love how you just used the Dusty Durango in that brad. i just LOVE. IT. ALL. gorgeous! Have a great week :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Jen I love this card!! That is one of my all time favorite papers!!

Hugs
Shirley

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Love the large circle for your sentiment and the bloom. x

Lisa Elton said...

SPECTACULAR Jen!! Love everything about it!

Jenny said...

I had to look for the pop of rust! Gorgeous card Jen! Love the tone on tone houndstooth :0)
Jenny x

Tracey McNeely said...

Very elegant card, love the greys.

kingstonmama said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how you've used the colors, including the little gem flower center. :) ann Y.