Thursday, February 2, 2012

Paper Players 80 and Cards & Things 106

Tuesday night I sat down in my stamp room and started to put together a card for The Paper Players sketch challenge.  But somehow everything got all balled up (as my grandmother would say).


First, my little flower accent had to go on the bottom left of the square layer rather than the top left because of the layout of the Dream Big sentiment.  Speaking of that sentiment, just before I was ready to lay down the double-sided tape and afix these layers for all eternity, I realized that the sentiment is actually supposed to go on the bottom!  So I had to cut down the dsp layer to accommodate something.  I ended up choosing the "dreams" sentiment from Fabulous Phrases because it kind of, sort of makes a nice thing to say:  "dream big dreams." Sheesh!

The colors are courtesy of the latest Cards & Things challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Thank you for sharing your creating process Jen! You made me smile but your dream big dreams card turned out beautifully!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Hi Jen, Your card turned out real great! Your story could have been my way, sometimes I am strugling with the same things :-)) Thanks for playing with C&T

Linda Callahan said...

Love how this turned out! The bit of green is a wonderful accent! I might have liked it better done in Giants Blue though :)

Jeanette said...

Very nice. This reminded me that I need to and want to be making more cards right now. Thanks. Of course I'll copy you.

Unknown said...

well, I'd say it worked out perfectly. Beautiful card!

LeAnne said...

LOL, well everything ended up coming together beautifully! I am glad I am not the only one who put things awry sometimes! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

This is fabulous, Jen! Clean and perfect! I LOVE how you split the sentiment! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Jen, it's not possible for you to make a bad card! They are always great--even if it's not how you pictured it! Love these colors and the little circles that match the dsp are such a cute touch! Thank you for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What is this talk of your card getting all bailed up? Lol! Jen, this is crisp, clean and has your awesome style written all over it! Love the paper piercing around the main image, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Aileen said...

Looks perfect as it is so was meant to be! Love the paper piercing round your main panel. x