Friday, February 10, 2012

The Paper Players 81 and MOJO 227

This week the challenge at The Paper Players was to make a project with a flower.  How could I possibly resist this?  I'm all about flowers!  I hardly ever make anything without a flower!


I used the awesome MOJO sketch and broke open a couple of new things for this one.  I used the Twitterpated designer paper along with a Twitterpated button to highlight the center of my flower.  The flower, leaf, label and sentiment are from Verve.  And the embossed background is from a PTI impression plate that my nephew got me for Christmas!


I really like this one despite the fact that I made a mess of the bow.  I scrunched up the totally awesome seam binding ribbon which usually translates to a fool-proof bow (because any messiness looks intentional), but it still looks awful.   Hopefully whoever gets this card will think that I meant it to look that way!

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Wow Jen! Your card is stunningly gorgeous! I love the colours and the flower is so beautiful.

Vicky Hayes said...

What fab colours and the flower looks amazing! Of course the bow is fine too!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous Jen! I love that bow, need to try one like that!!!

Marisa said...

You always use Verve flowers wonderfully. Great color combo and use of the sketch!

Evette K. said...

Oh am I glad to find another crafter who loves flowers as much as I do. I am always trying to find ways to make my own flowers. Love your site and come often but this is my first time commenting. Took me long enough. LOL I will be back. evette k.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Jen! The textured background and ribbon are to die for! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous creation---even if you think you messed up the bow! I think it is lovely! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

jaydee said...

Jen, I NEED that embossing folder :-) I am in love with this color combo and layout. Another gorgeous creation. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and that background embossing. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Margaret Moody said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Love your colors choices and the great details (textured background and button center)! Absolutely beautiful!

Gisela said...

Jen this is gorgeous, I love this card. WOW!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful, Jen! Love the soft colors and the layered flower! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players! :)

Aileen said...

Stunning card. love the flower. x

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! I was actually going to say how much I like the bow before I read your text. Love the colors!