Monday, February 27, 2012

Paper Players 84

I'm happy to say that I was very productive in my stamp room this weekend.  That doesn't always happen so it's reason to celebrate in my book!  One of the cards I made was for the Paper Players sketch challenge this week.




I've got to confess that once I had this card made I realized that I forgot one layer.  I think I was so focused on getting the images stamped and arranged that I completely forgot about the vertical layer down the middle.  But I spent so much time fussing over the images that I decided to post what I had anyway.  Heartfelt apologies to LeAnne, who designed the sketch.

I finally inked up my Fresh Vintage stamp set after seeing so many gorgeous cards made with it.  For the center image I colored directly on the stamp with Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz markers.  The background paper is from Everyday Enchantment.  My"ribbon" is actually some crochet thread that I passed around the cardstock a few times.  I adhered a Verve stamp punched with my Word Window punch on top of it.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your version Jen and I'm sure LeAnne will be delighted that you interpreted her sketch in your own way.

None None said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I am loving this Fresh Vintage set as well. You rocked it with the center image and I love your take on the sketch!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous use of the stamps and papers. x

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, no need to apologize, I didn't even notice the missing layer because I was so enthralled by your lovely use of those stamps & paper! BEAUTIFUL! I love that little sentiment too! I am so happy you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Jen - I think your card is just lovely. That is one of my favorite patterns in this SAB paper - love the red and blue together.
P.S. its nice to see that I wasn't the only one who missed a layer in the card. It made me feel better to see that someone else did it too :o)

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous Jen! Love the center image colored with markers...beautiful use of the dsp too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Crisp, clean and full of "Jen-Style"! Love all of the detail in that center image and how the center square is a wee bit larger then the other two. Great interpretation of the sketch! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

jaydee said...

Another fabulous card, Jen. I love the colors and those pretty central images. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! I really like the vintage vibe! And I never noticed the missing panel! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!