Tuesday, March 27, 2012

colourQ 130

I really tried to lay off the flowers this week for Arielle's color challenge at colourQ, but every time I attempted to design a card I kept coming back to flowers.  Go figure!



When I saw this challenge I knew right away that I wanted to use the Daffodil Delight DSP from the Beyond the Garden paper pack.  I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to use it, so I poked around until I found this sketch at Clean and Simple stamping and realized it looked pretty good with a scallop circle.


So I cut a big scallop circle from Daffodil Delight cardstock and added a DSP circle.  I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo and layered them with dimensionals and added a Daffodil Delight button in the center.  The leaves are stamped in Certainly Celery and the sentiment is stamped directly on the DSP in Tempting Turquoise.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a chance to play along with us at colourQ.  Hop on by and check out the inspiration from our design team then upload your own creation!


6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Jen! That is such a pretty sketch, and your Daffodil Delight circle is just beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely Jen - and wow, what a flower!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a real beauty!!! Love it Jen ;)

Lesley said...

Beautiful Jen! Love the colours, need to try them!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Jen, the vibrant colours and that flower.

Marybeth said...

Wow, Jen this is so gorgeous! I am a fan of flowers and you did a beautiful job on this card!