colourQ 134

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I've got to admit the colors that Arielle has cooked up for us this weeks colourQ challenge were a bit of a stumper for me.  I made a couple of cards before I decided that this one was the one I would show everyone.



I went with the pretty CAS design for this weeks CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  I drew the squares with a ruler in Bravo Burgundy and Calypso Coral, then stamped the stars from Seeing Stars in Pumpkin Pie and Pool Party.  For some reason I always associate stars with wishes, dreams, or even achievement so I chose the Verve sentiment to go along with that theme.


Day II of my vacation and the rain has stopped so I really must get outside and start raking.  It's a bit chilly and overcast so I hope the sun will come out soon and warm everything up.

I hope you have time this week to head on over to colourQ and join in the challenge.  The Design Team has once again out-done themselves and I know you'll find some inspiration there!  




share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
7 Comments »

7 Responses to “colourQ 134”

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this CAS card Jen, those stars are fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT job on drawing the squares, Jen! I love your framing and stamping of the stars! Very creative and fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

I love your design! What an awesome card :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzanne Russell said...

Oh my! You really drew your image? Looks great! The stars are the perfect finishing element.

Laura Davis said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Julie Day said...

Great design, love the stars and squares :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Vicky Hayes said...

The stars look fabulous sprinkled over the overlapping squares - a gorgeous card!