Thursday, September 6, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 217

Hello everyone!  I'm so excited to share with you that Holly Endress will be joining us at Create With Connie and Mary for the month of September as a guest designer!  I sure hope you'll pop on over to her blog to show her some love!  

Today Connie and Mary have cooked up quite a great sketch for you.  I think it's perfect for showing off gorgeous DSP and some fantastic stamps.  Take a look:



I couldn't resist using my Wonderfall stamp for this sketch. I love layering the leaves and they are perfect for a little rock-and-roll coloring.  I added some pretty baker's twine and button for a finishing touch!  I actually waffled a bit about whether or not I should add a sentiment to this card but decided against it.  I often like to leave cards blank so that I can add an appropriate sentiment at a later date.  One thing for sure is that fall is definitely in the air because the challenge this week at The Paper Players is to use leaves or trees on a project.



There's still time to sign up for the Create With Connie and Mary 2012 Holiday Edition.  Don't forget to head on over to Create With Connie and Mary to find out all about it and to check out the latest inspiration from the design team for this latest sketch challenge. You won't be sorry! 


14 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

The DSP really warms up this card! Lovin' all the details!

Jen Timko said...

Love your use of the DSP! The cool sponging on the edges of the stamped leaves is fantastic. Perfect without the sentiment!

Deb said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how your card shows off the beautiful dsp! Love those beautiful buttons!

Lori Mueller said...

Love the whole warm, fallish affect. Reminds me of leaves on a platter setting on a gingham table cloth. Love the Rock-n-Roll affect on the leaves, too.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I love this DSP! An awesome fall color combination! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lisa Martz said...

Just love these leaves...all these samples have made me cave and buy the set and die. Great card!

Terry said...

What a beautiful fall card. I love the leaves and button.

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! Love that DSP...almost a country feel to it combined with the leaves. Definite feel of FALL in your card! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Unknown said...

I always love what you come up with and this week is no different! Great card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love everything about this one, Jen! The warm colors, the fun layout and that gingham DSP really adds the perfect touch. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Jenn, love the color combo you used and all the little details in your layers are wonderful!

Mikki said...

Jen, what a beautiful fall card this is and perfect with the sketch. Love the details and twine you added.

Monika said...

Blank card are always good to have. I always loved have the Sincere Salutations set for that purpose - because I could quickly add what I needed.
Monika

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Love this card Jen. I used the same stamp set too!