Monday, January 7, 2013

Unscripted Sketches Redux

I just love the sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches.  I posted a card yesterday that I made for that challenge and I've got another one today.  I came across a color challenge at Cards Blog Challenge that I really liked and every time I thought about how I wanted to use those colors I kept coming back to the Unscripted Sketch.



For my colors, I chose a bit of Going Gray, Soft Sky, and some limey-green washi tape.  The flower was cut with a pretty flower die, layered together and highlighted with a Basic Rhinestone.  The sentiment is particularly appropriate because I'm sending this card to my sister who is having surgery this week.  Understandably, she's a bit nervous and as the surgery is focused on her neck and chin I thought this sentiment was appropriate.  And unless you think I'm completely heartless for sending this to her, she has quite a quirky sense of humor and she'll appreciate this, I'm sure!

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card Jen, great take on the sketch :)
Hope all goes well with your sister's surgery.

Unknown said...

Jen your card is gorgeous! I don't know why, when I look at a sketch I see layers and "stuff" lol, but you see CAS and make it look so easy. Thanks for the inspiration as I continue searching for my CAS mojo!

Lindsey said...

CAS & lovely!
Love the flower Lindsey x

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love the super clean and fresh look of this card Jen! The sentiment is so sweet too!!!

Michele Cunningham said...

I love both of the cards you made for Unscripted sketches, thanks for playing with us.

Patrice said...

Love this multilayered flower, Jen - thanks for linking up with Unscripted Sketches this week!

SmilynStef said...

What a perfect sentiment ... if your sister is anything like mine, she'll love it ... awesome job with the color challenge too ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Billie A said...

Wonderful colors so soft and reminds me of spring which I cant wait for. Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted sketches.

Geri said...

Sisters can say pretty much anything to each other! Your card is guaranteed to brighten your sister's day! I love how you layered the flowers.

Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches. You do know that I am thrilled every time I see your cards....

Anonymous said...

Love that layered flower with the bling and the sentiment is fabulous! Anita :)