Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 87

Hello everyone!  It's Wednesday and that means it's time to reveal the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Jen Timko is our hostess and she's given us this great CAS sketch.



I felt like I had been neglecting Wisteria Wonder since forever, so I really wanted to use it on my card this week.  I liked the idea of keeping it simple with a white background and some black for an accent.  Coincidentally, the other day while poking around Pinterest I found a website that was all about washi tape and it got me thinking that I haven't been all that inventive with it, so I was determined to use it on my card this week.  So I took a strip of Whisper White and covered it with this black and white script washi tape.  I put the tape on at an angle to make it a little more interesting.  I think it looks pretty good.  It's like I created my own DSP!

I wrapped a little crochet thread around the narrow vertical layers then added my favorite funky flowers.  The sentiment looked a little lonely so I stuck on a few black rhinestones for a little pizzazz.

The Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some great cards to inspire you this week so be sure to head on over there to check them out.  Then join us in the gallery, because we love to see what you do with our sketch!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Funky Florals, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  washi tape, crochet thread, black rhinestones (KaiserCraft)


13 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

This is Wisteria Wonder-ful! So cool and fresh what you did the the washi tape!

Marisa said...

Way to rock the washi! Love the card :)

Darnell said...

Let's see. Hmmm. There's ... and ... and then ... and, oh ... Yup. Perfect!

Allisa said...

I would have never guessed that your panel was made with washi tape........I suppose I really need to experiment with the growing stash! Love the color scheme!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning- what a gorgeous combination of colours!

Jen Brum said...

Look at you all creative with the washi tape!!!! Love it! I neglect Wisteria Wonder too because it's so pale but here you've made it stand out so nicely! Well done!!! Beautiful!

Amy O said...

Well, you fooled me -- I never would have guessed this was washi tape. It looks like dsp. Love it! And I love these colors together. I'm going to write this down in my inspiration notebook because I struggle with Wisteria Wonder. Beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous Jen! The Wisteria Wonder looks great against the black and I love the tip about the washi tape!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Jen. Love the black with gray. The flowers are beautiful.

Linda Suarez said...

This is a stunner Jen! I love what you did with the washi tape. And gotta love those Funky Flowers!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This card is so gorgeous. I love the combination of colors, papers and embellishments!

Rita W said...

I WAS going to comment that I love that DSP, but how neat that it's WASHI TAPE!! I think that stuff is the new crack. ;) Fabulous card; you really are my CAS hero!