Friday, June 14, 2013

Butterfly Birthday for STB19 and PDCC186

I had some time last night to play around in my stamp room.  The Bruins were off, the Red Sox were tied, and the rain was coming down endlessly.  Perfect ingredients for crafting!  I was really struck by the colors at The Play Date Cafe and thought they were perfect for the sketch at Seize The Birthday.



I almost never take pictures of my cards from this angle, but it was the only way I could show that I layered the pink butterfly on top of a black cut out of the same butterfly.  I love how this looks in real life, especially with the line of black rhinestones down the center of the butterfly.  They are sparkly, which doesn't show up on the photo at all!

Well as I mentioned above it is raining here AGAIN.  This has got to be the worst spring I can ever remember because mother nature gives us one beautiful day followed by a week of cold, wet ones.  I'm worried that my annuals and vegetables will not be able to withstand all this rain and I'm worried that I'll never get a tan!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Papillon Potpourri (SU); Just A Number (Close To My Heart)
Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly Punch (SU); black rhinestones (KaiserCraft)


9 comments:

Happy Dance said...

What a beautiful butterfly. What a gorgeous card! So soft and lovely! Even the sentiment is delicate. Really, really like this. Bev

Beverley said...

This is stunning! Love how you've combined the challenges and I was thinking the same to combine the 2 after I saw the STB sketch which was after I'd seen the CTS sketch! I know what you mean about the weather it sounds pretty similar to the weather in the UK. I gave up years ago trying to get a tan - milk bottle white & proud! LOL! Hugs Bev x

~amy~ said...

sigh, this is so very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. Love how you did the butterfly.

Patricia said...

A simple but stunningly beautiful card. I love it

Patricia x

Rose said...

Jen this is so beautiful :) love the butterfly :)

Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

Veronica Z said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your butterfly! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Linda said...

Jen, this is such a pretty card. Love butterflies and this one is so beautiful.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fabulous card and I love that butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!