Tuesday, June 11, 2013

colourQ 193

This week the color palette at colourQ is based on this colorful Hawaiian shirt from Hula Girl.  Back in the olden days I would have run for the hills when I saw a color challenge like this, but now I recognize a challenge like this as a way to stretch myself creatively.  Sometimes I hit it, sometimes I don't, but the journey is always fun!



For this card I used the sketch at Deconstructed Sketch as my layout  because I find that a layout with lots of layers and interesting things (like flags) to be a great way to incorporate diverse colors like these.  As luck would have it the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays was to use flags or banners so I consider that to be kismet!


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over to colourQ and check out the other cards and scrapbook layouts from the design team!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Island Indigo, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP, Welcome Neighbor DSP, Wintergreen DSP, Island Indigo DSP (SU)
Accessories:  Woodland Park button (October Afternoon); Stitched Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inker Designs)

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card Jen, so many yummy layers.

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!
Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge :)
Sylvia xx

Jackie Rockwell said...

Perfect composition Jen! Love the stamping, I almost bought that stamp set today. I may have to pick it up now that I've seen your card. :)

Jingle said...

Awesome design on this! I really like it! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the arrangement of your banners! Thanks so much for playing in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Patrice said...

Impressive - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-224.html