Tuesday, June 25, 2013

colourQ 195

Boo hoo the Bruins lost their chance at the Stanley Cup last night, but on the bright side today we get a brand new palette at colourQ!  



Last week I popped into Michaels because it was down the street from IKEA where I spent a leisurely afternoon poking around.  I try to avoid the mass market crafting stores because their inventory is lousy, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have a look around.  Well, it didn't hurt at all because I scored a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp set on the clearance rack for six bucks!

And since Arielle's colors this week seemed a bit eclectic I turned to these new stamps plus a chicken wire stamp from My Favorite Things for my card this week.  I love layering stamps on top of each other in fun and interesting colors.  Mistakes are impossible to spot and best of all, you can just have fun stamping randomly all over the place!  Oh, and I can't possibly forget to mention that my layout comes from retro sketches.


The colourQ design team has, once again, outdone themselves in the inspiration department so be sure to head on over to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Canvas (SU); Grunge Cirque (Stampers Anonymous); Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things)
Accessories:  Scallop Edge Border punch (SU); crochet thread


4 comments:

She's a Color Queen said...

I love these colors and your card :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this kind of collage stamping Jen and oh my goodness I love the colours together this week!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! I love your color combo. (...and isn't it fantastic when you get a good deal!)

Unknown said...

LOVE this! So bummed I missed playing this palette! I'll have to go pin it for future use. This card is amazing! :)