Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 91

This week at Freshly Made Sketches, Cindy is our hostess and she has designed a sketch for you that leaves lots of room for your creative interpretation.  I love sketches like that!


I decided to use the great color challenge from Create With Connie and Mary for my card.  Partly because I seem to have discovered that yellow, in all its many shades, is a pretty awesome color and I really liked how it looked with Island Indigo and Early Espresso.  I'm coming to realize that yellow looks pretty fantastic with just about everything!



I've got to say that each week the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches is chock full of projects that are beautiful, inventive, and inspiring.  It seems you really like the challenges that we bring you each week and we really like seeing how you have interpreted the sketch.  So keep 'em coming!  

This week our amazing design team has got some beautiful cards to inspire you so please hop on over to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty card Jen!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the script background! The layered flowers really pop! Love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous. Feminine without being too girly. ; ) I agree with you about yellow. It's such a versatile color. Really pretty card. Bev

Mary Brown said...

Oh Jen...this is simply beautiful! I love the simplicity of your layout and how the flower just adds that little extra 'pop'! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the way you used the colors with the sketch. TFS

Linda Callahan said...

The blue flower is fabulous against the yellow! Pretty card!

Amy O said...

Very pretty, Jen! I love the flower with this sketch, and I agree with you about yellow! I'm a big fan of So Saffron -- it goes with so many colors.

Rita W said...

Love that pop of Island Indigo! Great idea to pull out the background stamp for this one!

Cindy Hall said...

Beautiful combination of the two challenges, Jen! I love the way you used the colors and really made the blue pop! Gorgeous card!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous and I love the colours!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jen! That flower is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsey said...

Wow! This card is absolutely beautiful. I haven't checked out the other DT members' cards yet, but I think it is going to be hard to find one that I like more than yours. I love everything about it. (P.S. Thanks for your kind comments! They always make me smile.)

Mayras Designs said...

Beautiful card love the colors the design really nice !

Mayra
MayrasDesigns@gmail.com

Bev Gomez said...

Thanks Jen for your sweet comment on my blog. Your card Love that background. Happy stamping, Bev

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful my friend! Just love it! Love that background stamp! It has to be one of my favs! That flower looks fabulous! You nailed that sketch!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this card Jen! The script background is beautiful and I love the pretty blue flower - really pops!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your cards are always so beautiful Jen! Those colours look wonderful together and I love your layered flower!

Jen Timko said...

That BG stamp is perfect for the sketch, Jen! Love the pop from the Indigo flower!