Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy Birthday for DD#56 and CCMC255

I just wanted to pop in quickly today with a card I made with the pretty colors at Dynamic Duos and the lovely sketch at Create With Connie and Mary.




As I was putting this together it occurred to me that vellum might look nice on my card so I layered it over the Soft Suede cardstock.  I stamped the leaves on it and at first they looked quite splotchy so I ended up going over it with a marker.  I adhered it with the stamped image facing down so that it has a little softer look.

I was on a roll last night in my stamp room and actually managed to make three cards!   I needed to get a jump start on things for the week ahead because in a couple of hours I'm headed over to my nephew's graduation party and I'll be gone all day.  I'm bringing the sangria, YUM!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Raining Flowers, Summer Silhouettes, Itty Bitty Banners
Accessories:  Bitty Banners die, Dimensionals

19 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen, great sketch too. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Happy Dance said...

Taking a quick break before the graduation party for granddaughter starts. It's at our house and I've been cleaning/cooking/slicing....well you get the idea. Gorgeous card. Love the colors, and that bloom is amazing. I love the soft round corner beneath the banner. Nice!

Susie said...

Gorgeous card.

Rom-a said...

coś wspaniałego, praca bardzo mi się podoba..

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Jen. Gorgeous card!

Erin said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I love the layered flower and soft color scheme.

Claire said...

Oh I love pink and grey...this is soooo pretty and elegant...love it!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Stunning card. The vellum gives it such a soft elegance and I love the way you combined the 2 stamp sets for the flower and leaves. Thank you for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

WOW Jen...this is just STUNNING!!! I LOVE the soft look and that vellum over the Soft Suede really helped to keep that soft look. Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Susie W. said...

Beautiful card Jen! It has such a soft and elegant look. So sweet!
Thank you for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

Deb said...

Love the vellum!! How creative and clever!! Really softens the Soft Suede! So beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Viv said...

Gorgeous pink card Jen , I love it :) Viv xx

Lisa Martz said...

So soft and pretty and gorgeous in pink! I will miss that stamp set...I was one of those people that actually liked it! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday sketch challenge this week!

Maria said...

Lovely card!!!

Linda said...

Such an elegant, beautiful card Jen.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Jen! Your little bloom is very sweet and the DSP you chose suites this card so well. {And a side note: I love your Ryan photos hehehe}. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos, we sure hope to see you back again :)

Janet's Joy said...

Pretty card! I love the added vellum. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your card is beautiful! It has such a soft and elegant look; the vellum is a great idea! The rounded corners on the lower layer also add to the softer look! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

AB. said...

Stunning!! The addition of vellum really softens the whole card. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)