Tuesday, October 15, 2013

colourQ 211

I had a lovely three day weekend because of Columbus Day and got all caught up for the week ahead stamping-wise.  I wish every weekend could be three days long!  Think of how productive I'd be!  The first card I made was for the new palette at colourQ!  And since the colors said Halloween to me (inspired in no small way by the table in the photo), that's the card I made.



A funny thing about this card is that I started to make it for the latest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  The chat bubbles would be represented by the spider webs and the spider on my card.  Then I added the splotches and dots and grungy chevrons and totally lost sight of the sketch!  LOL!  Lucky for me, though, the challenge at Cards in Envy is to make a Halloween card so I'm at least able to enter this over there!

Not everyone over at colourQ made a Halloween card with these colors, so be sure to head on over there and check out the DT cards!  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Bite Me, From the Crypt (SU); Spiderweb Mini (Inkadinkado); Sketchy Chevron Border (Impression Obsession); Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie (SU); Lettuce (Adirondack); Berry Sorbet (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Halloween sequins (American Crafts)

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Super funky and grungey Jen--LOVE!

Lisa Elton said...

Frighteningly funky and fabulous Jen!!

Sandy Trefger said...

Awesome! I love the simplicity and details of the fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Rita W said...

You have my address, right? Ha! LOVE this one!

Happy Dance said...

Spooky! Great use of those colors, and that is one scary spider!!! Love the chevrons and the sequins. Fun and funky Halloween card. Bev

Sylvia said...

Totally love your grunge Halloween card, Jen! The colors were perfect and I thought I was through making them...laugh on me! Have a fun Wednesday!

Rosemary said...

your card is so incredibly cool!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful!

Deepti said...

This is such a funky, cool and trendy cards, I have no words to describe. I don't know why did I not follow you yet. Looks like Crafter's named Jen are my favorite, you, Jen Wills and Jen Nelson :D

Denise@DigiHaven said...

I love your CAS style and the design of this card. The design really pops off that white background. It's very spoooookkkkyyy. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy for our Spooky Halloween challenge. Good luck!!

Marybeth said...

Love the end results of the wonderful grunge Halloween card!

Marybeth said...

Love the end results of the wonderful grunge Halloween card!

Scrapenabler said...

Nice card! I love the spider web and the sequins for accent on the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

wendipooh13 said...

love this!!!! love the sequins too!!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! A gorgeous collage of color and pattern!

Sandy Trefger said...

Congratulations! Your card was chosen by our designers as one of our IN THE MAILBOX cards! Please email me at cardenvydt@gmail.com with Mailbox Scary as your subject to claim your badge! ~Sandy, CIE Host