Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 108

This week at Freshly Made Sketches our hostess is Narelle.  You will, of course, recognize the sketch as being hers because it's got lots of layers.  And if you are familiar at all with Narelle's work you know that she skillfully incorporates layers onto her cards like nobody's business!



As you can see, I embraced the layers for my card and added lots of them.  I'm so proud of myself because I even added a layer that wasn't in the sketch!  By the time I was done with this I was practically dizzy!  

I almost made another sunflower card this week but pulled up short when I saw Jaydee's color challenge at The Paper Players.  Those blues go so well together I couldn't resist participating and inking up my favorite funky floral.


Be sure and pop by Freshly Made Sketches to check out the cards from the DT.  Then join us in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Off the Grid (SU); Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink); Take Note (Verve)
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Pool Party (SU); Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX, Rectangle STAX 2 (My  Favorite Things); Banner Trio die (WPus9); Dimensionals (SU); washi tape

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Masterfully done Jen, love all those layers!

Linda Callahan said...

You made these colors sing! Classy!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love your layers and colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and colours Jen!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my, Jen! This makes my heart sing. Love how you used lots of layers in Narelle style but kept it simple and elegant--true to your style. Lovely....so glad you joined us this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Love this beauty, Jen! What an awesome layout and I like how you matted each layer with Pool Party. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players!

Karren said...

Wow, even with all those dizzying layers, this is still a beautifully clean card!

lostinpaper said...

Your card is so beautiful Jen, I really struggle with layering and you make it look sooo easy.

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous card!! I love the blue and the stamps!!

Linda Suarez said...

Ooh, I love these colors! Great for layering! And you used one of my favorite sets - Funky Florals!

Amy O said...

Ahhh! Beautiful blues! Love the layers and the fun flowers. Pretty card, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Jen this card is just so beautiful! I love all of that blue! Love those flowers! Makes me smile every time I see it!!!!

Claire said...

Your cards are always so elegant Jen - I love the colours on this. Don't think I'm going to have time to join in this week...not happy about that!

Cindy Hall said...

This card is so gorgeous, Jen! Those colors are fabulous, and all the matting really makes the lines of the sketch stand out. Perfect in every way!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOL! You have totally rocked all my layers and even one of your own - I'm so impressed Jen! LOVE the light blue layering it really makes the layers pop!

Unknown said...

beautiful! I love the soft aqua grid stamped among the flowers!