Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 111

Today is not only the day to reveal the newest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches it is also only three more days until I'm on vacation!  Yay me!

And yay for our newest sketch designed by the talented (and modest) Linda Callahan.  When I first saw the sketch I had a pretty clear idea what I wanted to do, but then I saw the color challenge at Dynamic Duos and totally scrapped my original idea and went with this.



I can't seem to stop reaching for Gorgeous Grunge and for this card used it to create a little grungy background which I then highlighted with the chevron images.  The accent is this gorgeous butterfly that I stamped in Bermuda Bay then clear embossed.  I like doing that because it give the card stock some substance and creates a pretty shiny image.  A few enamel dots later and I was done!

Christmas cards abound at Freshly Made Sketches, but you'll also find a birthday and a breast cancer awareness card so make sure you head over there to check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Great Friend (SU); Sketchy Chevron Border (Impression Obsession); Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Real Red, Bermuda Bay (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  My Girl Enamel Dots (My Minds Eye); clear embossing powder

25 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the chevron and splatter stampings - great card for the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of both the colors and the sketch Jen, super card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Jen, love this sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

And yay for you creating this wonderful card! I love it! Nothing better than the grungy swoosh dressed up with a butterfly and bright dots!

LeAnne said...

What's NOT to love about this awesome card!!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Jen, I love your take on the sketch and color challenge! You have such a fantastic way of combining so many elements into such a clean card- I truly admire your style! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Unknown said...

I am still swooning over this card. Stunning!

Julie said...

Love this!!!

Lesley said...

This is really cool, Jen. Love the colours with the grunge and butterfly...so unexpected but really awesome!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I ADORE this card! I must case it! Hope you don't mind!

Linda Suarez said...

Love this card! Great colors and fun grunge!

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect,Jen! Love the splatters and the chevron aaand the butterfly,i guess you could say everything!! :) Stunning card!!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Jen, lovely take on the sketch and colors. You used a myriad of elements that go so well together! I always enjoy seeing what you post. Thanks for sharing at the Dynamic Duos this week.

Julie Marshall said...

Super cute card! Love that Chevron stamp. TFS.

hollybeary creations said...

This is so pretty Jen.. I love the CAS look with the Grunge effect. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Jen! Love the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Brum said...

Jen, this is fabulous! I love Gorgeous Grunge a little too much!!! Love the butterfly and the enamel dots! Super fun!

Darnell said...

Whoa, I can see why this card wanted to be made, Jen! It's got movement and personality and lots of on-trend details! Have a wonderful vacation!! Hugs, Darnell

Amy O said...

Beautiful layered stamping,Jen! And I love the colors and the fun dots. Enjoy your vacation!

Darnell said...

Happy News before you go, or when you get back, Jen! Congratulations on the shoutout from Dynamic Duos for your fun card!! Hugs, Darnell

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card. Fabulous colours.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Everything about this card is fabulous!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Love how you used the stamps to make the horizontal feature. Beautiful sentiment placement for this sketch! :)

Cindy Hall said...

I have spent so much time studying this card! I love each and every detail! My favorite is the cool dots! I HAVE to have some of those!

Rita W said...

Love every single thing about this one! It's awesome!