Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 113

It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new sketch reveal at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Cindy is our hostess and she's given us a super clean sketch.  I embellished mine a bit and did a Christmas theme since I'm busy working on my Christmas card stash *insert smile here*



As luck would have it this week CAS-ual Fridays is teaming up with Curtain Call for a Christmas themed challenge and the inspiration photo gave me the colors for my card.  I liked the rustic stockings hanging from the fireplace so I grabbed Kraft card stock.  And the blue around the fireplace reminded me of the retired Bayou Blue so I used that for some accents   It didn't photograph well but it really is more blue than it looks here.  And finally the sparkly ornaments on the tree called for Silver Glimmer paper and a few sequins.



Beautiful cards abound from the ever-amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team (but you knew that anyway)!  I hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas Carols (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Paper:  Kraft (Avery Elle); Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Silver Glimmer, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Blue Bayou
Accessories:  Snowflake Trio die (amuse studio); Make a Snowflake die (Taylored Expressions); Winter Blend sequins (Avery Elle)

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great CAS card Jen, love it!

Linda Callahan said...

The blue with the Kraft is terrific together! This is so sweet!

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous, Jen! love your blues and neutrals! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

Beckie said...

So pretty and elegant. LOVE it.

You should link up in my linky party…..it’s anything goes and you can link up once a day :D


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and love that snowflake! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Amy O said...

Oh, I love blue and kraft together! Your snowflake is simple but sensational -- love the glimmer paper!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is just beautiful. What a gorgeous colour combo and you always make less layers look just right (I can never do this!)

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love your snowflake embellishment Jen! Those colours are so subtle, yet so effective with the kraft card base...thanks for playing along with us a CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Jen, I love the pretty snowflake and fabulous sequins.

Happy Dance said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the kraft, and oh!, those snowflakes!! You've made the perfect Christmas card. Seriously beautiful. Bev

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen...this card is gorgeous! I love it! I totally wish I had that snowflake die! The colours are just beautiful!!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, I love how you pulled the blue from the inspiration photo and made this darling CAS card! Love this sketch....Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card Jen, it totally inspired my entry. Clairex

Linda Suarez said...

I love this color combo Jen! I am really not using my kraft much these days and I can see that I really need to.

Greta said...

Gorgeous snowflake card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Hall said...

The color scheme is gorgeous, and I love the addition of those perfect sequins! Really great card!

Scrappellen said...

Hi :)
I found your nice Chr.card on Pinterest, and love these Snowflake Trio dies, but I cant find the in the Shop..Do you know where i can order dem, please..I fell they are something I just MUST have..lol :)
Looking forward to your answer..
Best wishes from Ellen, Norway :)