Thursday, November 14, 2013

Happy Holidays, TSOT144

I have been procrastinating about making my Christmas cards this year and I don't really know why.   But now that we are nearly half-way through November mild panic has begun to set in.  I've got a half-formed plan to set aside a few days next week to concentrate on Christmas and to get me in the mood I made this card last night.


The layout for this comes from the new sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesdays.  It's got a tag on it and it's no secret that tags get me every time so I just had to play along!  I paper pieced some Christmas trees using one of the images from Jolly Holiday and stamped the sentiment from Christmas Magic on the banner.


After a bit of a cold snap the temperatures are expected to go back into the high fifties towards the end of the week.  This is great news because I really need to get the vegetable garden cleaned up for the winter and I hate working outside when it's cold.  It's also great news because I hate winter and I'm not ready for it yet!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jolly Holiday, Christmas Magic (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Pitch Black (Adirondack), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Tag Me die (Reverse Confetti); Season of Style washi, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon (SU); Classic Scallop Small, Classic Circle small (Spellbinders)

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love love this card Jen, very cute!! I'm with you on the cold...not ready for it. Can we just fast forward to spring!!??!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the sketch and a wonderful card. Loving the colour combo you used :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the layering, traditional colors and those sweet paper pieced trees!

stampwithamyk said...

Love this! Great colors and great design. Those trees are so cool! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!

Kathy S said...

ADORABLE! Love the trees, colors, and how you used the sketch. Great job. Thanks for visiting Try Stampin' on Tuesday! Kathy (DT)

Claire said...

Love your traditional colours with the kraft Jen - and the paper pieced trees are so cute!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Jen this is such beautiful -what a way to start your Christmas stash!

Rita W said...

This is SO fun! I love how playful it is!