Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sew Easy!

Yay, it's Wednesday!  Today I've got a fun card using some more sewing images from In Stitches.  Check out the blanket stitch!


The stitches look so real!  And to continue with my realistic look, I wrapped real baker's twine around the spool.  I can't take credit for that idea because I borrowed it from my fellow TAWS DT member Christine.  I love how it gives texture to the card and since I popped up the spool with some thick glue dots this card has got nice dimension too.

The latest Seize the Sketch layout was perfect to add a wee bit of some really old DSP called Spring Showers.  

  
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back in a bit with a card for the newest Freshly Made Sketches challenge!

Supplies:
Stamps:  In Stitches (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Whisper White, Spring Showers DSP (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (SU); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Accessories:  Banner Trio die (WPlus9)

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love love love this!

Wendy said...

This is awesome. I love how everything looks...so realistic. LOVE the sentiment too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Brilliant take on the sketch.

Unknown said...

I love it! This would be perfect for several of my friends that are handy with a needle and thread :)

Lesley said...

Brilliant card my friend! Love the use of twine and I did think those stitches were real!!! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love how you wrapped the twine around the spool of thread.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.