Tuesday, September 23, 2014

colourQ 260

I love the palette at colourQ this week!  Every time I see some navy blue paired with orange, yellow or kraft I get a little giddy!  The colors are based on this adorable little boy's outfit.  Once I settled down to make my card for this week's challenge it was long before I realized the layout at CAS(E) This Sketch was the perfect companion.




I went quite literal with the sketch except for the horizontal sentiment line which I chose to do with a combination of a splotchy image with a sentiment stamped on top.  I love these bold colors because I think you can do so much with them.

Just wait until you see the cards the colourQ design team have made with these colors.  Gorgeous as always!  Hopefully you'll have a chance to join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  So 80s (WPlus9)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Night of Navy (SU); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango (SU)
Accessories:  Notable Cute enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

You "rocked" the sketch and the colors in this one, Jen! Love it all!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks fantastic! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

GREAT use of the colors Jen, fun card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I absolutely love this card--it rocks!

Karren said...

Wow, this is a fabulous card! All the elements work so well together (BTW, you'll need to check out my FMS card tomorrow - Twilight Zone time)

Petra Swart said...

Love your card, Jen!!

Deepti said...

You rock this style of card making :) love the design !

donna mikasa said...

Awesome take on the sketch--love the color combo, too!

Sherrie M. said...

Very cool! You are a master at clean & simple collage.