Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 168

Well hello there Freshly Made Sketches fans!  We've had a bit of a long holiday break but we're back today with a brand new sketch designed by Amy!


It's been getting a bit colder where I live and I was feeling a little like I wanted to see a bit of summer on my card.  And one thing that says summer to me is a butterfly.  Fortunately I have some beautiful butterfly dies so adding one to a card is no trouble at all!

The black, pink and gold colors of my card come from the inspiration photo at Fusion.  I've got some crafty goals for 2015 and one of them is to take a step outside my usual comfort zone a bit more.  I have always tended to shy away from "inspiration" photo challenges, preferring the more direct instructions provided by color and sketch challenges.  But I want to try new things this year and that means things that I normally would avoid like the plague!  So I'm going to add in an inspiration photo challenge here and there!



The super crafty design team at Freshly Made Sketches has got some wonderful cards to share with you so, if you haven't already, make sure you check them out.  I hope you'll take some time to join us in the gallery as we kick off a new crafty year!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  So 80's (WPlus9); Artful Flutters (Stamplorations)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine); Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Chrissy Butterfly die, Leanna Butterfly die (Simon Says Stamp); metallic enamel dot (My Mind's Eye); gold embossing powder


18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow!
Beautiful! Love the font of the sentiment... perfect!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous in your true "Jen" style! LOVE!

Kim S said...

Lovely colors!! I've seen pink and black, but your addition of gold really takes it over the top!

Shelly said...

This is awesome! Love it!

Cindy Beach said...

Gorgeous, Jen!
I love your work and applaud your goals. I'm trying lots of things out of my zone too!

Linda Callahan said...

The pink butterfly is beautiful and I am loving it with the gold! This is so pretty! I am going to try to get out of my comfort zone but it is hard!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterfly.

Karren said...

Go you for using an inspiration photo. It's funny how different things make us run a mile. I don't mind inspiration photos but the 5-color challenges scare the heck out of me and it's not often I'm brave enough to attempt those - yet you do it every week. Anyway, onto your card. The butterfly is so pretty and looks even prettier in front of the grunge stamping. Love this card!

Amy O said...

I love the gold grunge behind the pretty butterfly. And I love how the grunge-y sentiment goes with it so well. Great take on the sketch, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Simply delightful and oh so pretty!!

Cindy Lovell said...

So very pretty,Jen!! The pink butterfly is beautiful and i love...love the gold behind it!!

Stampingcountry said...

What a "dreamy" card! Beautiful Color combo too!

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card Jen! Love the pink and black together. Very elegant. That butterfly is super sweet! You Love the mix of the "grungy" stamp with the delicate butterfly!!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is just so pretty Jen! Lovely and clean and fresh! Thanks for the inspiration over at FMS! Hazel x

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Beautiful colors for this one and love how the sentiment style completes the look! :)

Ginger said...

Great colors, and I love the butterfly!

Rita W said...

Great job stepping into the world of inspiration photos. They are scary to me too! Love the butterfly!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely Jen! You've combined challenges effortlessly and I just love the combo of the pretty butterfly and simple sentiment.