Sunday, January 4, 2015

My First 2015 Thank You!

Wow, I can't believe it has taken me until January 4th to post a card in 2015.  I've been trying to organize my stamp room for a few days and every time I took a break to do some creating I wasn't feeling particularly crafty.  So I decided to just take a break and get all inky when the mood struck.

Well, the mood has struck and ordered me to combine the sketch from As You See It with the inspiration photo at Curtain Call.




I'm not entirely sure it is visible in the photo but I used a chevron stencil to lay down some embossing paste before I layered my embossed-flower-on-vellum over it.  I stamped the sentiment in PTI's Smokey Shadow which has a wonderful taupe look to it when dry so it fit the tone of the inspiration photo I think.

I'm looking forward to a crafty 2015 and I hope you are too!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hennah Elements, Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Chevron Pattern stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver);  silver cord,  gold cord (SU); metalllic enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); gold embossing powder



23 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

That flower really stands out to me Jen. I love how it looks on vellum.

Darnell said...

Your mojo juice started flowing in a gush, Jen!! This is so striking and so elegant!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Stacey Schafer said...

a perfect creation for the winter wonder challenge, Jen!

Karren said...

The flower gold embossed on vellum is such a standout and looks so good paired with the label sentiment. Fantabulous card!

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love the embossed vellum flower!

Rita W said...

I want to marry this card! Now I'm even more sad that the Henna set was out of stock!

Amy Jasper said...

Such a pretty combination of silver, gold and white. Very beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at the As You See It Challenge blog!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the flower.

JoAnn said...

Love the pretty flower.

Heather Cooper said...

I love the combination of silver and gold in this card! That flower is really effective! Thanks for playing along this week at As You See It Challenges!

Marika said...

Simply beautiful!

Susan Powell said...

glad you found your craftiness - this is pretty!!

Linda Callahan said...

Well it looks like 2015 is off to a wonderful start in your craft room! Beautiful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a gorgeous thank you Jen!

Happy Dance said...

A veritable fountain of Mojo flowing! This is gorgeous, Jen!! Love the embossing paste, and the lovely white space surrounding your elements. CAS and lovely! Have a great week. Bev

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to the Curtain Call!

Michelle said...

Super pretty, Jen!

Kim S said...

Thanks for playing along with Curtain Call!!! I love your metallics on all of that clean white! And I agree with your view on Smokey Shadow - I use it very regularly when black just seems too harsh.

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is gorgeous!! Love that floral stamp!
=] Michele

Amanda said...

Gold and Silver - nicely done. And the embossing paste is so subtle...just love the effect of it all together. Thanks for playing with us at AYSI this week.

Marisa said...

Love the flower! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Jen. Love the heat embossed flowers on vellum. :) The silver and gold strips look perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.