Tuesday, February 3, 2015

colourQ 278

The new palette at colourQ inspired me to make a Valentine.  No surprise considering the colors were inspired by these adorable treat boxes.



The pumpkin pie was a bit of a stumper for me and I wondered how I was going to add it to my card.  I ended up throwing some orange sequins in my little shaker.  It's subtle but I like how it adds a bit of fun color to the shades of red and pink.

My sketch is based on the newest one at Fusion.  I had seen a few shaker cards recently (including one from the Fusion design team) so I thought I'd make one of those.  I made one before for a baby shower and it was a big hit with the recipient so I thought one for a Valentine would be cute!  And lo and behold, Virginia's View Challenge is to make a shaker card!



Another snow storm hit yesterday and left about a foot of snow behind.  After last week's blizzard I can't seem to catch a break!  I just keep repeating the mantra "spring is coming, spring is coming."  I know it's true but it sure doesn't feel that way right now.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you take some time to join us at colourQ!  The ladies there have made some beautiful cards for you to see!

Supplies:
Stamp:  The Big, the Bold and the Happy (Winnie & Walter); Splatdrip (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Real Red, Melon Mambo (SU)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Real Red (SU)
Accessoires:  Femme Frames (Mama Elephant); Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); Sugar Blend sequins (Avery Elle); Halloween sequins (Studio Calico)


14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What an awesome shaker Jen!! So pretty!

Betty Wright said...

So striking! Love how you used these colors! Great shaker style, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Lov the way you worked the colors into the sketch Jen, this is fantastic!

Karren said...

Love, love, love your shaker card - the different colored sequins and that gorgeous splatter look superb!

Happy Dance said...

We got another 2" after the weekend dump of a foot. Spring IS coming, just not fast enough some days, lol! This card is a stunner, Jen. You've used the sketch, and those colors to perfection. Brilliant to use orange sequins in the shaker too. LOVE this card!!! Bev

Claire said...

I'm probably the only person who's envious of all that snow Jen! Not long till Spring for you (and I'll be moaning about the cold.) This is so sweet - just the right amount of orange and I love the ink splat behind the sentiment!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Love your shaker card Jen!!! So cheerful!

Laura Norris said...

So cute! Perfect for the Fusion Challenge. You should link it up to Virginia's View Challenge too, where the theme is shaker cards!

Michelle said...

Fabulous card, Jen! I love the subtle orange. I never thought Pumpkin Pie COULD be subtle, lol! :-)

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I love the colors; they are paired to perfection!
Nina-Marie :)

~amy~ said...

Jen, such a terrific combo of challenges! Your card is beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

Lyndal said...

FABulous shaker Jen - LOVE this colour combo too!!! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION! Hope to see you again soon :)

Deepti said...

This is such a pretty shaker :)

Virginia L. said...

I adore everything about this shaker card, Jen! The craftsmanship is superb! Gorgeous colors, too! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!