Tuesday, February 10, 2015

colourQ 279

We've got a bold and dramatic color palette for you this week at colourQ based on this vintage print.  The challenge this week is to use red, black and newsprint!



Good thing I keep this old DSP around because I never know when I'm going to need it!  Using newsprint brings out my secret crush on Tim Holtz and makes me want to get messy.  But before I do that my CAS sensibilities slap me upside the head and I manage to restrain myself before I get too carried away.  One of these days I'm going to put the CAS me in the closet and really go crazy!  But today I have to satisfy myself with this toned down card and playing along with the Cardabilities sketch.



I heat embossed the circles in black and the top ones look funky in this picture due to my recent CATastrophic light issues.  To fill up some of the space around them I added a few ink splats then layered my flowers over all that.  

The colourQ design team have some beautiful creations for you this week so I hope you'll stop by and admire them.  Then, of course, you should join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Grunge Cirque, Hashtags (Tim Holtz); Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink); Textures 1, Textures 2 (Florileges Design)
Paper:  Basic Black, Real Red, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP (SU)
Ink:  Real Red (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine); Distress Embossing Ink
Accessories:  Banner Trio die (WPlus9); black embossing powder 

6 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love how you used these wonderful flowers. I love your stamping under the flowers too, just so fun.

Karren said...

We should totally get together one day and go all Tim Holtz on our cards! What fun that would be! I love this challenge and am so going to try and get to it this weekend. Your card is amazing with just the right mix of CAS and grunge.

francesca said...

beautiful card! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Really love those grunge circles and splatters paired with the flowers and the newsprint!

Deepti said...

You nailed the inspiration, simple fabulous :)

Monika Reeck said...

Cool stamping under the flower dear Jen...I love the color combo so great on your card..the newspaper paper looks so fit here on your design...adorable made...

I just play again at colour Q and now visiting the FAB cards from the DT Member....if you have 2-3 minutes would be happy to have your visit on my blog...my card is #48 to make you easy to find where is my entry to the challenge...thanks before..hugs, Monika