Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 202

Hello and welcome to Wednesday where a new sketch is revealed at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Amy is our hostess and she has brought us a classic sketch that she has used beautifully on her own card with her signature eclectic blend of colors.  For my part, I used only a few colors but they are pretty bright!



Last week I was running behind and didn't get my card posted for Freshly Made Sketches until Friday.  I used the colors from Color Throwdown which I've never done before since our challenges both go live on Wednesday and, obviously, I need to have my card done before that.  Well this week I remembered that the gals at Color Throwdown do a sneak peek of their colors on their Facebook page on Tuesday afternoon so I took a chance and waited until I saw those colors before I made my card!


So bright and cheery, right?  I took my cue from the floral bouquet and used a daisy die and in keeping with the white background used a bit of vellum for my banner.  I stamped the sentiment in pigment ink and heat embossed with with clear embossing powder to set it.

As usual, our always amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some beauties with this sketch so be sure to stop on by and check them out.  We'd love to see you play along with us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Thank You Kindly (SU)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Gerbera Daisy die, Blueprints 15, Sentiment Strips die, Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Cakewalk button (October Afternoon); clear matte embossing powder


19 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the pop of the yellow and blue together! Came together beautifully!

Happy Dance said...

I absolutely adore blue, yellow and white together. It's cheerful and happy! Your card is cheerful and happy as well! This is a great sketch and I'm loving the daisy and the little button too. Great card. Bev

JoAnn said...

Very classy card. Love the blue & yellow color combo and pretty flower.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Such a perfect CAS card for both challenges! Love that floral layered die and center!

wienerhoneymooners said...

How clean and sweet Jen!!! Thanks for popping by, made my day!!!!

--oooohh look at your next card....PTI magic!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cheerful card Jen, love the sweet daisy!!

Amy O said...

I love blue and yellow together, and this happy daisy is cheery and a real "wow." Love it, Jen!

Greta said...

Beautiful flowers & love how you used the sketch!

Karren said...

Beautiful crisp and clean card and a great use of the colors.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Jen: Your card combines the two challenges beautifully. Love the yellow die cut flower with it's blue center, this is a very cheerful and happy card.
Thank you for sharing.
Maria.

Kim S said...

I love how you have clearly followed the sketch, but it has such a different look with the vellum sentiment and the big flower!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a stunning daisy, beautiful in bright yellow and blue, Jen!!!! Love the blue frame, the fun button and the sentiment on the vellum strip!!!! What a lovely CAS card!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! That flower is perfect in those colors!

Stampingcountry said...

Such a lovely fresh card! Love the clean lines and the pretty color combo.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Jen! I love that sweet flower and the blue and yellow look so cheery together! Makes me smile!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

What a great pop of color! Fresh and clean! :)

Joan Ervin said...

Fabulous CAS design...you have used both the colors and the sketch perfectly!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Being Mrs Miles said...

hey Jen,

SO simple, SO pretty, so perfect for this challenge.

Hope the rest of this week is a creative time for you.

Blessings,
Barb

Narelle Farrugia said...

You truly are the Queen of combining challenges Jen! You always made them look effortless! I love the prettiness of your flower combined with that simple sentiment.