Thursday, February 25, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 161

Here we are at Thursday again and time for a new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I loved the balloon and string imagery in the sketch but didn't want to copy it exactly so I spent some time mentally going through my stamps sets to see if I had something I could substitute.  Insert some divine intervention and I remembered that I had a set with some butterflies and their little fluttering trail.



The CASology cue word this week is "distress," and for me that means inserting a grungy image wherever I can, so inked one up to serve as a background to the sentiment.  The colors I used were inspired by a color challenge that didn't have a chance to play along with last week, but I loved them all the same.

The cards this week from the CAS(E) This Sketch design team are so awesome this week (but you didn't need me to tell you that)!  I hope to see you in the gallery there!

Supplies
Stamps:  Mixed Media Elements (Stamplorations); Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy (My Creative Time); Many Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Going Gray, Cherry Cobbler (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a clever take on the sketch Jen and, as always from you, a wonderfully clean and crisp design! LOVE it! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Shelly said...

Oh, this is fabulous!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Jen! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Patti said...

Ohhhhhh another great sketch!! You are hard to keep up with : ) I will HAVE to try this one too!! : )

Hope your day is going well - only two more days to the weekend! woo hoo

Patti

Linda Callahan said...

Sooo sweet! I hope to get a card made for this challenge this afternoon......always love the sketches.......

Lisa Elton said...

Love your striped butterfly and your cute take on the sketch!!

Sherrie M. said...

Love this Jen! Its perfectly CAS!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is simply fabulous, Jen! The floaty font fits the butterfly trail perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along with the CASology challenge this week.

Happy Dance said...

Perfect! Not a balloon, but something totally brilliant! Such a sweet butterfly and his little trail. Love the font on your sentiment too. Great card! And you've inspired me....if I get my commenting done, I'll whip up a little something done too. Love this card, Jen! Bev

Karren said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch and the little grungy element adds just the right touch!

Anonymous said...

Jen, you make grunge look so pretty!! It really adds a little something special to this beautiful crisp, clean design! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

Jen this is so very beautiful! All your elements in perfect harmony! Great design.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You've used the perfect mix of stamps on this clean and elegant card!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, I love what you've done here, Jen!!!! So clever to use the fabulous butterfly and pink and grey are always a winning combination, hey!!! Very, very beautiful!!!!! Love it a LOT!!!!
Hugz